Digital Ads Update - 2nd week Oct 2021
TOP MEDIA AD NEWS IN INDIA FOR THE WEEK Date : 4th October -10th October 2021
• ICC T20: The introduction of official drinks break would help broadcasters to earn ad revenues worth five minutes. The rates for India matches are expected to be high.
• According to a study by IAMAI, “The organic growth of digital games such as mobile app downloads have experienced a growth of 50% and also user engagement of 20% due to Covid-19”.
• Amazon.in emerges as the top brand in week 38: BARC.Hindustan Unilever continues to dominate the advertiser’s list.
• According to the GIPSI report, almost 54% of product searches take place on Amazon.
• Instagram has merged feeds videos, IGTV and has created a unified video service. New features have also been introduced like filters, trimming and location and people tagging.
• PVR, NODWIN Gaming has announced the launch of India’s first in-cinema E-sports live tournaments. The initiative by PVR is anticipated to fast track the growth trajectory of E-sports entertainment in the country. They have combined the engagement of E-sports gaming with the magic of big-screen experience.
• Lifestyle good brands are expected to experience a successful festive season as consumers look to upgrade their WFH devices. From the past few quarters the category has been seeing sturdy growth because of lifestyle changes of the people: Industry experts.
• Fever FM has dominated Mumbai, Delhi charts. Radio Mirchi tops in Kolkata, whereas Big FM leads in Bangalore. (Source: Ram Ratings Week 3121-Week 3421 )
• BARC top 5 advertisers of the week 38 (25th September – 1st October, 2021) are -Hindustan Lever Ltd, Reckitt Benckiser (India) Ltd, Amazon Online India PVT LTD, Brooke Bond Lipton India LTD, Cadburys India LTD.
• According to BARC weekly data, the following were the top 5 paid TV channels in week 38 (24th September – 1st October, 2021) –
Paid- Star Plus, Sun TV, Star Sports 1 Hindi, Star Maa, STAR Utsay. THE MEDIA ANT